A laboratory interfacing system is a tool for Data management and to Process a large number of samples to manage Lab workflow. Now the question is whether Is that so simple and How can it make an impact in the contemporary healthcare system?
With LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System), the lab can automate workflows, integrate instruments, manage samples, and associated information. Additionally, labs can produce valid results quickly and can track data across experiments to improve efficiency by deploying IoT in Laboratories
Let us see how it really works:
- LIMS can avoid the worst nightmare of every Lab counter which has patients waiting in the queue. LIMS can provide much faster delivery of results than manual processing so that the waiting time of the patient can be reduced.
- Bi-Directional LIMS can avoid the wrong insertion of Samples to the Machine since it is entirely tracked through Barcodes
- By reducing the patient waiting time, the hospital can ensure Social distancing and safety not only over waiting counters but also on Laboratory premises.
- By LIMS, management can track the efficiency of the entire lab, which includes the Turn Around Time, Machine Performance by reports, and can track Assignment, scheduling, and tracking of the sample and analytical workload also.
- LIMS is particularly useful for avoiding user entry-level mistakes since it directly loads the results to the Hospital software. Hence, Laboratory Information Systems can ensure 100 percent accuracy on results
IoT in Laboratories
IoT in laboratories offers research facilities much-needed connectivity. Now, imagine taking connected labs to the next level. Enterprises across sectors enjoy upgrades to work processes, productivity, and profitability. Laboratories face a renaissance, as users share insights, improve workloads, and stay competitive. As the industry faces tighter margins than ever, laboratories must look to technology.
The main area we can implement our IOT layer are:-
Door Open/Close Detection
Using open/close door sensors we can detect unauthorized entry to the labs where sensitive assets are kept after working hours. We can alarm the concerned staff if there is any unauthorized activity happens.
Cold Storage Monitoring
In laboratories, there will be chemicals that need to be kept at low temperatures. We can monitor the temperature and humidity inside these chambers using temp/hum sensors which are IP68 certified and can withstand very low temperatures. This ensures chemicals to be kept at the required temperature and humidity always.
In laboratories, there will be a number of assets that are used for specific uses. Managing these assets properly is a herculean task. Our sensors assure that the assets are managed properly by identifying its position. If the assets are placed in a different zone, the sensor will notify the change. Also, we can monitor if there are any empty bins/trays present.
Thermal and IAQ Monitoring
According to the new normal, it is mandatory to keep the workplace safe and healthy in order to avoid all possible threats that can happen due to the covid situation. Our thermal module will automatically detect the body temperature and alerts if the threshold limit is crossed.
Also, it is very important to monitor indoor air quality to ensure a safe workplace for workers. Our IAQ module will monitor the air quality continuously and alerts if the threshold limit is crossed.
Collecting all the data from the above sensors/modules using a central gateway and visualizing it through a dashboard provides better insights to the laboratory management.
Call us to know more about deploying IOT in laboratories