Reducing patient wait times in clinics
Outpatient tracking system in clinics & speciality hospitals
Patient waiting times tracking & staff productivity in clinics – AIOC 2023 Kochi
In order to utilize the hospital staff effectively, tracking their location and working hours is very important. The presence of emergency department Doctors, nurses, and other staff needs to be monitored on a real-time basis to ensure resource availability – (beds, portable equipment such as wheelchairs, stretchers, ECG machines, and department personnel), especially in critical care, surgical, casualty and emergency departments using indoor positioning systems.
Outpatient tracking solutions
Outpatients in clinics can be tracked in case of emergency and ensure they are directed to visit the right department for services, understand queues in various services, and provide emergency support where needed. By defining visual zones in outpatient clinics, we can prevent unauthorized access in restricted zones.
Outpatient queue management
Uncontrolled crowding in the hospital causes headaches for management, besides having an impact on patient experience and safety. Now one can easily monitor the number of patients outside doctors’ cabins, pharmacies, laboratories, etc. If the allowed limit is exceeded, an alert will be sent to the concerned staff for timely interventions.
Reducing patient waiting time in day care surgical departments
Effectively monitoring the outpatient patient waiting times in different surgical departments such as ophthalmology clinics, orthopedics, and cardiology will help in bring operational insights. Alerts will be sent to central command if a predefined patient procedure exceeds the stipulated time, or in a specific department or area for a patient in departments, which is beyond the standard operating procedures, The hospital Management can take necessary actions which will enhance patient safety & experience significantly, to reduce patient waiting time in the emergency department.
Clinic housekeeping monitoring
Ensure housekeeping staff is visiting areas to be cleaned on time using battery-powered tags with a 10-year life. Monitor the complete movement of staff throughout the premise to know unauthorized entry to unassigned departments. A well-managed housekeeping and preventive maintenance tracking system will enhance the patient experience as well.
Reduce theft and equipment misuse in ophthalmology clinics
Using antitheft movement hospital equipment tags, theft can be reduced to a great extent. Whenever a theft attempt occurs, accelerometer triggers and alerts will be generated immediately. This will help management to reduce theft and take necessary actions for the hospital security and operations team.
Events and activities for improving patient experience
- May 2023 – AIOC 2023 Kochi. All India ophthalmology society – patient experience management solutions
- Jan 2023 – Netra 2.0 lite and Vikas 2.0 Lite Software As a Service for speciality clinics
- Sept 2022 – Patient empathy mapping & saving lives, Medical College Kozhikode
- Sept 2022 – Customer empathy mapping for a medical device company (IIM Kozhikode)
- May 2022 – Workshop on how to create indoor navigation maps
- Apr 2022 – Patient empathy mapping using Design thinking practices
- Apr 2022 – New versions of web modules and core products released
- Feb 2022 – Successfully deployed EMR in a few large hospitals
- Jan 2022 – LIMS and patient portal module deployment across India.
- Aug 2021 – Hospital in the Maldives completes 6 months of online consultation module
- Aug 2021 – Leading hospital using Patient portal crosses 45,000 online registrations
- Jul 2021 – Digital hospital modules being deployed across our client based in India
- Apr 2021 – Hospital in South Africa deploys Indoor positioning system for patient tracking
- Mar 2021 – First client in Botswana for Vikas 2.0 hospital ERP deployment
- Feb 2021 – St.Anne’s Zimbabwe deploys Vikas smart hospital software
- Feb 2021 – Leading Opthalmology hospital in Pune selects Netra for their multi-center operations
- Jan 2021 – Bejan Singh eye hospital, Nagarcoil goes live with Netra Opthalmology EMR
- Apr 2020 – Sun Pharma to deploy Netra eye care software solutions at 50 locations.
- Sep 2019 – Ophthalmology center in Bengaluru deploys IOT platform for Indoor Air Quality Monitoring
Healthcare industry trends
Outside of clinical medicine, the use of remote shared service delivery has rapidly increased— eg, in education, where instructors with no prior online teaching experience have been quick to transition.
Technology firms can facilitate the adoption of virtual SMAs by enhancing features around privacy and monitoring. The success of telehealth is already apparent in the COVID-19 pandemic. Looking ahead, both providers and patients must adjust their expectations and embrace remote shared care – The Lancelet
Patient Portal for clinics
Patient appointment scheduling software with a chatbot allows quick interaction for all stakeholders to communicate on a secure web platform.
Electronic Medical Records
Electronic Medical Records for in-patient management. Empower doctors and nursing stations with tablet devices to access patient information on the move.
Outpatient EMR for clinics
Improve productivity of out-patient departments, ensure higher patient wallet share through coordinated efforts with other departments. Prescription printing and remote access to results.
Indoor positioning in clinics
Enable clinical workflow matrices. Deploy indoor positioning systems to measure operation theatre performance, patient wait time matrices, repair & hospital preventive maintenance activities.
Indoor Air Quality monitoring
Covid19 spread can happen through poor ventilation in laboratories. IOT platform for hospitals. Modules to regularly monitoring IAQ, cold chain, humidity, pressure and intruder detection.
Workplace safety, productivity
Touchless attendance & body temperature monitoring systems to improve workplace safety. Integrate with existing payroll systems for alerts on working hours, health aspects, access permissions etc.
IOT platform for clinical workflow monitoring
The need for digital transformation in African hospitals
- Hospital Indoor positioning for improved workplace safety
- Healthcare workflow monitoring to improve staff productivity
- Track nursing rounds in medical wards and rooms. Availability of nurses in critical zones.
- Ensuring preventive maintenance, inspections, repairs effectively
- Tracking patient medical rounds, housekeeping activities
- Improving resource utilization in hospitals – hospital software modules
- Improve hospital process automation, Integrate with existing HMS solutions
- Hospital Indoor positioning systems for Asset tracking to prevent theft & abuse of equipment
- Implementing Blue ocean strategy for hospitals in Africa, India
Target audience – Hospital CEO, administrators, facility managers, maintenance engineers, Medical Superintendent, Nursing Superintendent & Human resources at AIOC 2024 Kochi All India Ophthalmology society conference.