Improve visibility of hospital assets
Our easy to install, multi functional wireless (true, no need for any wiring) sensor modules can be deployed at various locations for hospital monitoring. Central stores, operation theatres, washrooms, visiting areas, nursing station etc to help monitor key parameters such as odour, temperature, humidity, door opening, intruder detection, rodent control to facilitate remote monitoring and help improve safety, security and infection control. The industrial monitoring sensor modules are aided by our on-premise dashboard software for operations control and administration to monitor various activities on a real-time basis.
- Power monitoring for high consumption equipment
- Air quality at theatre, patient waiting areas
- Water presence / rodents in stores inventory
- Temp hum at theatre, laboratory
- Intruder detection at accounts / stores / entry of people after office hours
- Toilet hygiene and housekeeping monitoring
- Workforce, especially nurses tracking in wards, nursing station
- Monitor water level in storage tanks
- Managing lighting, exhausts and other equipment
- Tracking of wheelchairs, stretchers and portable equipment
Add asset intelligence using our retrofit IOT solutions to bring new insights on usage of capital equipment. Can be deployed on gensets, ambulances, lab equipment to measure abnormal functioning and operating environment, air quality etc.
- Deploy in storage areas to detect presence of rodents, moisture etc that would cause heavy loss to inventory, plant and machinery.
- Keep bystanders and patients happy. Install our devices to track usage of washrooms, their odour levels and tie up the measures with housekeeping and maintenance.
- Nursing stations can enabled with our wireless sensor solutions to track hand hygiene workflow and attendance.
- Check the water levels and quality in overhead tanks to ensure drinking water safety
- Install in basements, stores and spares room to know the presence of rodents, snakes and civets.
- Monitor power consumption of various electrical equipment, understand their usage, abnormal conditions
- Air quality at hospitals is a matter of grave concern. Deploy our solutions and improve patient safety
Low cost of ownership – Our solutions are engineered to consume low power, to work using hybrid power – mix of direct power, battery and solar panels as situations demand in a hospital indoor / outdoor environment. The sensor modules can effectively be deployed as a grid to provide coverage across blocks, floors and campuses.
Hospital monitoring – central stores, pharmacy & laboratory
High value medicines, equipment and other supplies are worth protecting and our hospital monitoring solutions assist in monitoring movement of people, goods and the operating environment. Rodent control, obnoxious gases, vapours etc can be detected easily using our sensor solutions. The information provided by our system can be used for under taking preventive maintenance, spares management and fault ticketing.
Hospital monitoring – operation theatre and infection
Surgical site infections cause significant morbidity and mortality in the postoperative period. Opening of the operating room door disrupts its filtered atmosphere, increasing contamination above the wound. We conducted a study of traffic in the operating room as a risk for infections. This is an observational study of recorded behaviours in the operating room. Data collected included number of people entering/exiting, the role of these individuals, and the cause for the event. A total of 3071 door openings were recorded in 28 cases. Traffic varied from 19 to 50 events per hour across specialties – according to a study
Hospital monitoring – healthcare workers & infection control
Standard workforce tracking solution incorporates three key components: badges worn by health care workers, which emit radio-frequency identification signals; sensors in patient rooms and throughout the hospital that read these signals; and dispensers that read badges. Dispensers utilize electronics to capture hand-cleaning activity on a group basis, as opposed to requiring employees to wear a badge and be tracked individually. It draws on an evidence-based, statistically valid algorithm that determines how many times workers should have cleaned their hands, based on hospital-specific data such as number of patients in the unit and nurse-to-staff patient ratio, to derive a compliance rate.
Hospital monitoring – patient & workforce tracking sensors
Geofence the hospital campus using our gateway devices, attach people tracking sensors on ID cards, tags or wristbands to track patients with Alzheimer disease. Elderly patients can be closely monitored in case they have a fall, to get immediate medical attention. Also track key people among workforce and know about their whereabouts. Receive SMS alerts when people move to specific zones within the hospital. Data visualisation and anomaly detection tools available for monitoring hand movements.
Hand hygiene and infection control
Deployment of sensors that detect alcohol vapours , or radio frequency identification to determine whether Hand Hygiene has occurred . In one study, each nurse wore a credit card-sized badge containing a solid-state metal oxide semiconductor that detects alcohol vapours (whereas, we deploy long range wireless sensor modules) . The alcohol sensor in the badge is activated at the doorway to the patient room by a sensor on the doorframe. Following the performance of HH with an alcohol-based product, the worker places their hand near the badge sensor. If alcohol is detected within 8 s of room entry or exit, the badge light turns green, and it emits a ‘ping’ sound. If alcohol is not detected, the badge light turns red, and the badge beeps.
Call us to know about the feasibility in deploying our wireless sensor solution for industrial monitoring in hospitals – security, safety, epidemic & infection control management in eye care and speciality hospitals. Solutions available globally.
Industrial monitoring sensor module specifications
- Zigbee WPAN 802.15.4, 2.4 GHz for flexible, and secure wireless transmission
- Dimension of 67 x 50 x 12 mm
- Low power consumption – Long life battery, solar panels or direct power
- Connects up to 5 sensor devices – Analog or digital
- Rugged – Best for indoor and outdoor deployment. Ip 65 compliant
- Versatile – Plug in a host of sensors to suit market needs
- Diagnostics – Internal diagnostics, battery level alerts
- Dashboard – Integrated with software dashboard for monitoring purposes
- Under clocked for active power saving
- Network commissioning push button
- Onboard buck for power compatibility with usb or industrial 24 volt supplies
- Full dipole or IPEX antenna for significant increase in link budget
- RS 485 interface to connect Gensets, Aircons, Analysers etc
United States (FCC Part 15.247)
Industry Canada (IC)
FCC/IC Test Transmit Power Output range
-0.7 to +19.4 dBm