EMR adoption in hospitals
As technology advances, electronic methods of storing information have become more prevalent and beneficial to organizations. Healthcare organizations are no exception as Electronic Medical Records (EMR) are progressively becoming more prevalent in healthcare facilities.
We hereby put forward the summary of a feedback section with one of our popular client physicians who has made a complete EMR adoption in her practice.
Do you feel our EMR system has made your life easier?
Having a record system that has easier access to essential patient information as well as instantly share records between physicians and different medical practices is a major benefit for health care providers.
At the time while I was managing with physical patient records it usually takes long hours for patient processing and usually misses out relevant patient reports and results. After adopting the EMR system I can now pay more attention to the patient as a person as I’m spending less time trying to document the visit and write everything down and there is no missing of relevant patient records. Resource utilization in hospitals is the key to keep hospital operating expenses down.
According to you what are the major benefits of transitioning to an EMR system?
Through EMR physicians can ensure that people are getting the services they need, with a much faster turnaround. Shifting to a complete EMR system helped us to ensure:
EHR software replaces paper charts completely. Not only is limited space now used for another function of the office, but endless office supplies like paper, dividers and chart expenses are eliminated.
Better Coordination & cost efficiency
EMR adoption enables the ability to share pertinent patient information instantly between hospital departments and speed up patient care. All providers involved in a patient’s care can access, enter, and share information in an EMR that enhance better communication between departments, reduce operational costs and time loss for healthcare professionals.
Better clinical decisions
Having comprehensive health information within fingertips, doctors can make better diagnostic, treatment and surgery decisions. EMRs share patient information in terms of medical history, allergies, previous diagnosis & treatments, drug-allergy interactions, etc. to help provide safer care and prevent adverse medication outcomes. Also, the performance-enhancing tools built-in EMRs, such as clinical decision support and real-time quality reporting, will help your organization improve healthcare quality.
Handwritten documents are subject to misspellings and errors and are a critical concern in the aspect of patient care. Implementing EMRs eliminates such kind of faults and ensure complete patient safety.
Anything else you’d like to share about EMR?
Our healthcare communities are characterized by complex processes and extensive information, with physicians under immense pressure not only from the patient population but also from their personal lives and families. Adopting an EMR will help physicians to handle more number of patients without diminishing the quality of care. Also, physicians are able to spend more time for consultation and also with family maintaining a balanced lifestyle. A balanced lifestyle helps in smooth earnings.
With 28 years of expertise in providing healthcare software solutions, we at Software Associates are equipped with industry-leading EMR systems namely Vikas, Teja (General hospital EMRs) & Netra (Ophthalmology EMR)
Vikas & Teja EMR Features
Patient waiting list
- OP queue with patient name, token & OP no.
- Color code indications to identify- New/ Renew/ consulted/ special case/ admission patients within OP queue.
Online patient case sheet & histories
- Patient online case sheet in one click.
- View previous patient details- Findings, diagnosis, prescriptions, vital info, discharge summaries
Online results & reports
- View lab, microbiology, pathology, scanning results & reports online within EMR
- HIS PACS system integrated with EMR to view online X-ray & radiology reports.
- ICD 10 based diagnosis classification
- Customizable tabs to configure patient histories, findings & diagnosis
- E- Prescription to the pharmacy in Africa
- Available medicine stock indications for doctors
- Doctor wise favorite settings in medicine list, lab, X-ray, etc.
Procedure & surgery requests
- Digital processing of lab/ X-ray /scanning / procedure requests to respective departments
- Schedule surgeries- with surgery date, start & end times, surgeon, Anaesthesia & diagnosis details
- Automated doctor referral management within the hospital
- Patient EMR in a single screen
- Special notes & request provisions.
Recent News updates
Enhanced IP EMR
Enhanced IP EMR module that optimizes and coordinates activities of Nursing station, OT, Billing, Patient discharge, and Pharmacy is getting developed. The module aims to digitize hospital Inpatient operations and optimise hospital resource utilisation